About Me

My photo
Belfast, Northern Ireland, Manila, Philippines, United Kingdom
Very simple person with a simple plan in life. A registered Philippine civil engineer, an urban/environmental planner, a lecturer/tutor; plays badminton, loves to swim, sing and dance; has the passion in drawing, writing reviews/poems and reading, and a photo enthusiast.

Sunday 14 October 2007

Prelude to My Blog Action Day

Joining with other bloggers, Im delighted to take part in this unique initiative from blogspot/blogger server. Through our blogs in one specific day October 15, we share one common vision in protecting our Mother Earth.

Before that day comes (that is tomorrow), I would like to explain what will be my journal or article on that day. Well, it is about WASTE! Waste is everywhere and it is part of our daily lives, regardless of status in our society - rich or poor, developing to most developed countries, black or white, young or old!

My discussion will mainly focus on our perceptions about waste - from social, economic and political points of view. I had the opportunity to conduct my research at the University of Queensland (Brisbane, Australia) and the results and findings of that research are worth sharing. Well, not all but I will be highlighting salient features of the attitudes of the stakeholders (us) toward the emerging problem of proper waste disposal around the world.

Dont forget these attitudes against waste: NIMBY, NIMTOO and WHIFFY! Can you guess what these acronyms stand for?

No comments: